Book Retirement Services Appointments Online
You can now book appointments online with the Joint Base Lewis-McChord Retirement Services Office. Appointment bookings are available for the following services:
- Pre-Retirement Brief: Monthly brief conducted on the third Thursday of each month. This brief provides information on your retirement process.
- Survivor Benefit Plan (Disability): One-on-One session with a counselor to prepare your SBP paperwork and set-up your retired pay account.
- Survivor Benefit Plan (Length of Service): One-on-One session with a counselor to prepare your SBP paperwork and set-up your retired pay account.
Spouses/Partners are encouraged to attend with the ServiceMember.
You can book an appointment by selecting the Book Appointment link on the JBLM Military Personnel Division Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jblmmpd or by going to the appointment website at https://jblmmpd.checkappointments.com
Sign up for JBLM Alerts
JBLM Alert is a free service that allows you to sign up and receive urgent notifications re: emergencies, road closures, severe weather, utility service interruptions, and public safety messages from Pierce County and Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
To sign up: Create a free account at https://member.everbridge.net/index
/453003085611338* and register up to 10 devices to receive alerts via phone, text message, or email. (Once your account is created, you can log in to add or remove devices at any time. Make sure you use the interactive map to pinpoint your work site or other location on JBLM, or you may not receive all updates). Questions? Call (253) 966-7526.
Black bear safety advisory
Personnel utilizing wilderness training areas are encouraged to familiarize themselves with black bear behavior and take appropriate precautions (see: WA Dept. of Fish & Wildlife for black bear info and tips).
Family housing residents are encouraged to avoid leaving food (including dirty barbecue grills, trash cans, pet food and bird feeders) outdoors overnight to discourage bears and other wildlife from entering housing areas.
Black bears are native to wooded areas of western Washington and typically avoid human contact, but can attack defensively if surprised by humans or pets. Bears that seek out human interaction due to accessible food scraps, trash, bird or pet food dispensers are a particular danger. If you encounter a bear in a populated area of JBLM, contact Military Police dispatch at (253) 967-7112 or -7113.
Fire Evacuation Coordinators
In accordance with AR 420-1 and JBLM 420-30, all facilities on JBLM are required to have an assigned, trained Fire Evacuation Coordinator. The Fire Prevention office provides this training on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at Building 2014, beginning at 9 a.m. Two copies of a commander-signed memorandum of appointment are required. For more information, contact the JBLM Fire Prevention Office at (253) 966-7156.
Housing resident fire safety training
AR 420-1 and JBLM Reg. 420-30 require newly assigned family housing sponsors to attend a home fire safety briefing at their earliest convenience (not to exceed 30 days from initial occupancy). Briefings are conducted every Tue. and Thu. (excluding Federal Holidays and DONSAs) at 1 p.m. in Building 2014 (Fire Station 107); Pendleton Avenue, Lewis Main. Doors open at 12:30 p.m., and close at 1 p.m. - please be on time. Military family members living in family housing are also encouraged to attend. For more info, contact the JBLM Communities (Equity) housing office, at (253) 912-2150. - JBLM Community Calendar
Visitors & Newcomers
- Access to JBLM
- Sponsorship, Inprocessing & Outprocessing
- Army (Active duty)
- Air Force Call 627th ABG at (253) 982-9646 for referral to unit
- Mobilization (National Guard / Reserves)
- Youth Sponsorship
- JBLM Standards Book
- Lewis-McChord Communities (base housing)
- Housing Services Office (off-base rentals, homebuyer education)
- Survivor Outreach
Units & Organizations
News & Info
Social & Networking
- MWR* | AFCS* | ID Cards | Official Photos | Range Support | Legal Assistance | Tax Center | Inspector General (IG) | Chaplain | FOIA
- Dining facilities | Off-limits | Employment | Recycling | Design standards | Road conditions | PT Routes | News & Media | JBLM Alert* | About JBLM
- Lewis Army Museum
- McChord Air Force Museum*
- Community Resource Guide
- Federal Voting Assistance Program
- Joint Land Use Study*
- Fisher House JBLM*
- USO Northwest*
- Domestic Violence hotline: (253) 966-7233
- Sexual Assault hotline: (253) 389-8469