DPTMS - Plans and Operations Division
Emergency Management (EM)
Are You Ready?
JBLM Hazard Awareness and Emergency Preparedness Program
Located in the Pacific Northwest, JBLM can experience natural disasters, including floods, landslides, severe weather storms, wildland fires, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Our region also faces the possibility of disruptions to the transportation and utility systems; train, plane, and ship accidents; hazardous material spills; criminal and terrorist incidents; and the spread of contagious disease.
In order to maintain readiness and ensure the well-being of our Soldiers, Airmen, civilians, retirees, and their families, we all need to be prepared to respond to emergencies. Disasters can strike quickly and without warning. What would you do if basic services such as: food, water, gas, electricity, medical care, telephones, were cut off?
Emergency Preparedness means being prepared for all kinds of emergencies; being able to respond in time of crisis to save lives and property; and to help your community return to normal life after a disaster occurs.
|Biological Hazard||Chemical Hazard||Contagious Disease|
|Flood||Hazardous Material Spill||Landslide|
|Lightning||Power Outage||Radiological Hazard|
Emergency Preparedness Planning
Emergency Warning and Notification on JBLM, Lewis-Main, Lewis-North, McChord Field
Under certain situations there may be a need to release timely and accurate information to the installation concerning emergency preparedness, response, and recovery in a cooperative approach with the media. Information will be disseminated or available through a variety of mediums. Monitor the following during emergency situations for the most current information:
- JBLM Alert: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085611338
- AM Radio 1500
- Operational Status Recorded Line 253-982-2578
- Command Information Channel (Channel 21) (JBLM Cable TV)
- Road Conditions:253-967-1733 or web site: http://www.lewis-mcchord.army.mil/roadconditions/
- Door to door/face to face contact with representatives of the Residential Communities Office/Family Housing or JBLM first responders
- Unit and organization telephone and email alerts
We want to hear from you on how to improve this website. Your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Thank you.
- EM Branch 253-982-PREP (7737) / 253-966-PLAN (7526)
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org