Directorate of Emergency Services
|JBLM Provost Marshal||Fire Division||Protection Division||Public Events Information|
1. Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is a controlled access installation
2. The Visitor Center for JBLM - Lewis Main and Lewis North is located at Exit 120 off of I-5 near Liberty Gate. The hours are 0500 – 2030 daily. Vehicle Registration is conducted at this Visitor Center from 1630-2030, Mon- Fri and from 0700 – 2030 on weekends and federal holidays. During the hours that this Visitor Center is closed motorists should proceed to Liberty Gate for processing.
3. The Visitor Center for JBLM – McChord Field is located at Exit 125 off of I-5 near the main gate of McChord Field. The hours are 0600 – 1930 daily. Vehicle Registration is conducted at this Visitor Center during the hours of operation.
4. Authorized ID Card holders
5. Vehicles entering Joint Base
Lewis-McChord are required to have either an adult Authorized ID Cardholder in the
vehicle or an
authorized Visitor Pass. To obtain the pass, the
vehicle operator must process at a Visitor Center and present the following:
6. Residents expecting guests who
will be visiting and require a pass valid for more than 1 day, are now
authorized to call the Visitor Center 72 hours in advance and place a
request for the visitor to be issued an extended pass. The request
should not exceed the required dates needed. Passes may only be issued
for a maximum of 30 days. Procedures are:
7. ALL vehicle occupants, aged 16 or older, are required to present photo ID for entry to Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
8. For questions on Access Control you may contact the Lewis Main Visitor Center at 967-4794, or the McChord Field Visitor Center at 982-2588.
9. All vehicles entering Joint Base Lewis-McChord are subject to inspection at any time. These inspections are conducted as an installation force protection measure. Refusal to submit to the inspection will result in a denial of access to the installation.
10. Authorized ID Cardholders (Military and DoD Civilian employees) who have access to the Local Area Network and are able to digitally sign their email are authorized to sponsor guests via email. Sponsors can send the full name of the guest, date of arrival, and the length of stay. Passes can be issued as valid for up to 30 days. Sponsors should identify whether the guest will process at the Lewis or McChord Field Visitor Center. Sponsors will receive a confirmation email once the request has been processed. Guests should identify to Visitor Center Staff that they have been email sponsored. mailto:Usarmy.firstname.lastname@example.org
"The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Army of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense, the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site."
Last updated on: 26 August 2013 12:40U