Directorate of Emergency Services
|JBLM Provost Marshal||Fire Division||Protection Division||Public Events Information|
1. Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is a controlled access installation
2. The Visitor Center for JBLM - Lewis Main and Lewis North is located at Exit 120 off of I-5 near Liberty Gate. The hours are 0500 – 2200 daily. In addition to providing passes for non-affiliated visitors to JBLM, we also conduct Automated Installation Entry Registration, Weapons Registration, and Vehicle Registration at this location from 0500 - 2200 daily. During the hours that this Visitor Center is closed motorists should proceed to Liberty Gate for processing.
4. Authorized ID Cardholders include:
Military personnel and their family members
Vehicles entering Joint Base Lewis-McChord are required to have either an
adult Authorized ID Cardholder in the vehicle or an authorized Visitor Pass. To
obtain the pass, the vehicle operator must process at a Visitor Center and
present the following:
Residents expecting guests who will be visiting and require a pass valid
for more than 1 day, are now authorized to call the Visitor Center 72 hours in
advance and place a request for the visitor to be issued an extended pass. The
request should not exceed the required dates needed. Passes may only be issued
for a maximum of 30 days. Procedures are:
7. ALL vehicle occupants, aged 16 or older, are required to present photo ID for entry to Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
8. For questions on Access Control you may contact the Lewis Main Visitor Center at 967-4794, or the McChord Field Visitor Center at 982-2588.
9. All vehicles entering Joint Base Lewis-McChord are subject to inspection at any time. These inspections are conducted as an installation force protection measure. Refusal to submit to the inspection will result in a denial of access to the installation.
10. Authorized ID Cardholders (Military and DoD Civilian employees) who have access to the Local Area Network and are able to digitally sign their email are authorized to sponsor guests via email. Sponsors can send the full name of the guest, date of arrival, and the length of stay. Passes can be issued as valid for up to 30 days. Sponsors should identify whether the guest will process at the Lewis or McChord Field Visitor Center. Sponsors will receive a confirmation email once the request has been processed. Guests should identify to Visitor Center Staff that they have been email sponsored. The address for the digitally signed email is: email@example.com
11. Contractors and Vendors. Effective 20 Jan 2015, all Contractors and Vendors requesting a pass for access to JBLM will be required to present a ‘Installation Contractor / Vendor Pass Request Form’ when processing at a Visitor Center. The form is required to be completely filled out when presented at the Visitor Center. There is a portion on the form for the Employee (Applicant), the Employer, and the Government Agent that has oversight of the contract/project that the employee/ vendor is working under. Your employer should have a copy of the form they can provide you. If not, click on the below link for a copy of the form.
"The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Department of Defense, the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Army of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of Defense, the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site."
Last updated on: 30 December 2014 11:02U